HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » H&R Block should sue the ...

Thu Oct 12, 2017, 02:00 PM

H&R Block should sue the bejeebus out of the Dotard!

He actually said, "H&R Block will hate me". When speaking of tax bullshit speech. " you're tax form will be one page", crap.

4 replies, 6812 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply H&R Block should sue the bejeebus out of the Dotard! (Original post)
ghostsinthemachine Oct 2017 OP
unblock Oct 2017 #1
Watchfoxheadexplodes Oct 2017 #2
MineralMan Oct 2017 #3
onenote Oct 2017 #4

Response to ghostsinthemachine (Original post)

Thu Oct 12, 2017, 02:12 PM

1. yet another idiotic lie the right-wing and the media keeps telling us, and we keep believing it.

the overwhelming majority of the tax code concerns what constitutes income and what constitutes valid deductions and adjustments and so on.

the last step in the process is a little bit of math or a lookup in a table to turn that final, taxable amount into an actual tax amount owed to the government.

idiots love to talk about tax simplification, when what they mean is tax *rate* simplification. fewer brackets, simpler formula.

but that's just simplifying that last 0.1% of the tax code. it does nothing to simplify the other 99.9%.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to ghostsinthemachine (Original post)

Thu Oct 12, 2017, 02:15 PM

2. Who is the 0% bracket he talked about?

Are those the ones Hannity screams that pay no taxes?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to ghostsinthemachine (Original post)

Thu Oct 12, 2017, 02:31 PM

3. H&R Block makes money helping people fill out

the current one-page form: 1040EZ. Tons of taxpayers file on that form. So we already have a one-page tax form.

If you have only W-2 income and no dependents, it's all you need, really.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to ghostsinthemachine (Original post)

Thu Oct 12, 2017, 02:33 PM

4. Pretty sure H&R Block's lawyers are smart enough to know that Trump's statement isn't actionable

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread