HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Inside Man: Life of a mig...

Sun Nov 10, 2013, 01:25 PM

 

Inside Man: Life of a migrant farmer



If you get a chance, watch the whole show. 5% of migrant workers are legal (H2b workers?) that live in nice group housing but the other 95% on their own and they make average of $12,000 a year which they raise family on and send some of it home. They take their taxes out of the paycheck of course but get none of the benefits like unemployment or SS. They cant get driver's license in most states so have to be very careful when driving. They ARE eligible for the military though.

1 replies, 1303 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Inside Man: Life of a migrant farmer (Original post)
ErikJ Nov 2013 OP
HipChick Nov 2013 #1

Response to ErikJ (Original post)

Sun Nov 10, 2013, 06:49 PM

1. I saw this show..

I was too lazy to find the remote anyway..it was very interesting..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread