Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Wisconsin

Showing Original Post only (View all)

hue

(4,949 posts)
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 04:05 PM Jul 2013

Governor Walker loses third court battle this month [View all]

http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Governer-Walker-216648151.html

MADISON -- Governor Scott Walker has lost his third battle in court this month when the federal judge ruled that the lawsuit that was filed against his administration for denying health care to Wisconsin residents should move forward.

Last year two Milwaukee County women with serious health problems sued the state after Walker’s health department refused to lift an enrollment cap on the BadgerCare Plus Core health plan, even though there was room available to serve more people.
Walker administration attorneys tried to convince U.S. District Court Judge William Conley that the women had no rights under federal Medicaid law to sue the state in this case. Conley summarily rejected their arguments and ruled last week that the suit should go forward. It was the third time this month that Conley has ruled against the Walker administration.

“People who need and deserve health care should be able to access it in Wisconsin,” Richards said. “Instead, the Walker administration has tried every way they know how to block that coverage. Thankfully the courts are stepping in on the side of consumers.” Said Rep. Jon Richards.
18 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Latest Discussions»Region Forums»Wisconsin»Governor Walker loses thi...»Reply #0